- The Torch Festival is raging across southwest China and you can head out to check it out, or stay home and look at these Torch Festival pictures courtesy of Xinhua.
- Coming up later in the summer is the Panda Festival in Chengdu, where DJ Shadow will be playing... say what!? DJ SHADOW! yes my friend. DJ Shadow. Check out the Panda Festival lineup according to Chengdoo.
Noobs and vets
- China newbs 2backpackers give us a sweet photo essay of their trip across China. Well worth a look to remember what it was like way back when ... Sarah Mcintyre, another Chinanoob, put together this awesome comic of her first days in China. Love those moles, pigs and chickens.
- We followed Randomwire on a search for Hong Kong and became a fan of BirdAbroad (again) with this gear-switch to the writer's real love, being a midwife in the Yunnan countryside
- Some destination information is due, so let's head out to GoKunming for a nice essay on the Guandu Old Town. Ryan (Lord of several China-related webs including HaoHaoReport and others) describes life in Hainan on his personal blog, the Humanaught.
- We'd lost track of the Unbrave Girl, but she's back with this funny little post about the Top 10 Dangers of Running in China. And another old friend, Richard over at Notes from Xi'an contemplates the transition of his adopted home from Imperial capital to backwater to second tier city... This post here from A Minnesotan in China is interesting, a fresh new look on Business in Beijing.
- There is a cold noodle cart outside Ctrip's gate, so we're gonna head out and grab a meal, leaving you with this mouthwatering pic of cold sesame noodles from Appetite for China.