- The first story we came across is about Wuhan and a family homecoming and lots of bottles of baijiu from Chopsuey Pictures, a blogging collective writing and making films about their travels.
- We also liked this Ode to the Mak An Kee noodle shop from Journey to Hong Kong. I like the short, blunt sentences in excellent Hong Kong English--it seems reverent somehow...
- We all need to hear this type of China rant from David Sedaris every now and then, because it reminds us of why we are all here. You can't help laugh somewhat madly as you read Sedaris talk about loogies.
Remember that trip?
- Knowledge-Must has a great post with pictures about the Tran-Siberian Railway. That trip was the most epic thing I could ever imagine when I was a kid, but it somehow faded from my imagination for a while. It's back now.
- The Shanghai to Beijing high speed train. Courtesy of Shanghaiist.