Situated on the southern side of Lao Shan amongst a larger Taoist complex that once housed 9 palaces, 8 temples and seventy-two nunneries, the Taiqing Palace, or Great Purity Palace, is regarded as one of the most sacred Taoist Palaces in history.
Originally built in 140 B.C. during the Western Han Dynasty (206 B.C.-24 A.D.), Taiqing actually better resembles a Song Dynasty structure (960-1279 A.D.) due to renovation.
Comprised of three courts (Sanguan Hall, Sanqing Hall and Sanhuang Hall) and 155 rooms, Taiqing currently ranks as China's second most important Taoist temple.
A neo-Romanesque Catholic church built by German missionaries in 1934, St. Michael’s Cathedral (Shèng Mígé'ěr..
Originally built in 1892 as a wharf, the Zhan Qiao Pier was expanded and repaired twice, once in 1931 and then again in 1985. Made of..
Formerly part of the Qingdao's short-lived German-concession, Xiao Qingdao (Xiǎo Qīngdǎo, 小青岛), or "Little Qingdao," was officially open to the public in..
Formerly ground zero for Qingdao's annual International Beer Festival (Guójì Píjiǔjié, 青岛市国际啤酒节), Qingdao International..