Ctripper posts come to us directly from the good folks at Ctrip, China's top online travel agency (and proud sponsor of ChinaTravel.net). Stay tuned for Ctrip special offers, travel tips, news on new travel deals, tours and activities, and slices of life-in-China from Ctrip staff and interns. Chen Bing brings humor to the table with this comical list of quirky things "laowais" do. Turning the tables, are we?.... >>>Editors note: The China webspace is littered with expat blogs chronicling their wacky adventures and first impressions of Chinese cities, culture & people. Googling "weirdest things about Chinese people" gets over 5 million hits. But what many China laowais (foreigners) forget is that they (okay we) are perhaps some of the strangest creatures around. So I handed Chen Bing the opportunity to turn the tables on us laowais, and here's what she came up with: 1. Laowai's like doing physical exercises while working. They stretch their legs by putting them on the desk, while fingers are tapping on their laptops.
2. Laowais don't eat mooncake.
3. Laowais like to grow strange curly beards. (Editor's note: And invent strange mustache contests)4. Laowais have zero tolerance for hot weather. They will cry in front of their boss to ask for a cooler seat.
5. Laowais are so localized that they go to Youku (Yep, we know Youtube doesn't like China), Douban, and Taobao.
6. Laowais like biking to work, even in this polluted city during rush hour.
7. When talking to a Laowai, sometimes he/she will stare at me like I'm an alien.
8. Laowais tend to spend a lot of time arguing over very small issues.
9. Laowais lose their temper easily, and then turn back to being very friendly quickly.
10. Laowais are so weird that they asked me to write down the 10 weirdest things about them.